Friday, August 13, 2010

Altitude

Santa Cruz on Monterrey Bay - elevation 0. Sea level.  Through the Sierras - highest elevation I passed was 9,000 feet. Now I'm at 4,600 feet. I know, the image is stunning and no, it's not fake. This is the view from my father's front window - Colorado National Monument in Grand Junction, CO which is about 6,200 feet. Currently, I am visiting my father (who retired here after a 30+ year education career in Minnesota) and my brother, who moved here after Scottsdale became entirely too ... well, Scottsdale. I admit I love it here, even though somebody famous referred to it as "Grand Junkyard." Can't remember who. Or what the occasion happened to be. No matter. Awesome hiking and running, even though I gasp like a beached carp. More to come about eating, praying and loving. Really. Look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment