Monday, August 16, 2010

Altitude, 2

Powderhorn ski area lift 1, about 10,000 ft.
We started in GJ at 4,600 feet, drove up the Grand Mesa (the largest flat-topped mountain in the world) to 9,800 feet, then hiked for three hours. Screaming headache by the time we got back down the mountain, but according to the calorie calculator, I burned 787.31 calories trekking those six miles. On the trail, we gained about 1,300 in elevation, so by the time we got to this point, we were slightly over 10,000 feet. Moving on to Casper, WY today where I'll stay one night (is there anything of interest in Casper? I'm sure there must be) then I'll drive on to Billings, MT where I will stay at the first KOA campground in the world for two nights. I'll visit the University of Montana and see if they'll give me a job at their small press. Then on to ... I don't know. But I'm still thinking about Eat, Pray, Love and how much my trip does not resemble hers

Just below Powderhorn, most photographed in Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment